clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Saturday, February 19, 2011

First Saturn of the Year

Its the weekend!  And the sky is clear.  Trouble is, the wind was howling.  My goal tonight was to get some kinda image that I can post of Saturn.  It took a lot of tries, a lot of avi's, but I have 2 images of Saturn.

I've found that Saturn is a bit harder to photograph because its smaller and twice as far away as Jupiter.  The wind didnt help either, as I was unable to use the barlow.  Things were moving too much, and its a wonder I was able to get what I got.
The first image I think I had the camera set too bright.  Another round in the cold wind yielded the second image which more clearly shows the black gap between the rings and the planet, as well as the shadow on the planet's disk.

Watch for better Saturn images as the weather conditions here improve.  I feel I will be able to do better when the weather cooperates more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment