clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Monday, March 14, 2011

8 Inch Dobsonian

Well, the dobsonian arrived yesterday, as expected.  Very tough to control with the kind of magnification this camera provides.  Nevertheless, I thought I'd take advantage of some semi-clear sky.  There is a thin cloud layer present in these photos.  Trouble is, I cannot find this area of the moon on my maps.  I believe this to be the extreme bottom of the moon, but nothing looks familiar in the moon atlas I'm using.  If someone can point out a couple craters, I'd appreciate it.

Again, I believe this to be the extreme bottom of the moon, but it COULD be the top too.

Here is another image, from a differet area of the moon.
It is entirely possible that I have the camera positioned in a who knows orientation.  Anyway, I thought I'd post these.  The focal length of this scope is about 1500mm, so this is about equal in apparent field as what I use to photograph Saturn, so the magnification is VERY high.

1 comments:

Lupu Victor said...

Nice mosaics.I have some on my blog.I think you should add more contrast on the pictures.but anyway,nice blog.

Post a Comment