clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunspot Group 1176

Being I have been having some bad luck lately photographing nighttime objects, I thought I would turn my attention again to our daytime star.  Group 1176 is now near the center of the disk, and I was able to readily see it with it projected onto my posterboard.  As the last time, I simply photographed the posterboard with the sun's projection on it.  I used the 25mm eyepiece on the 70mm refractor to get the following photos:
If you look around the disk, there are some other irregularities, possibly some other spots, but I could not bring them out well enough, and besides, they could be dirt on the optics.  Its difficult to tell with the sun.

I also processed a closeup image of the group:
This was taken from the same image as the first.

Not too shabby using projection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment