clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Saturn 4/26

After a disappointing evening last night with the clouds, tonight we had a decent evening to photograph.  I shot some video using the 70mm and the 114mm reflector.  I believe the reflector is not collimated properly.  The focus was bad, and inward and outward focus was not correct, with a lot of coma and distortion.  However I'm somewhat pleased with the refractor images.  Here they are:





 The first 3 were captured using Sharpcap, the other 2 were captured in WxAstroCapture.  Apparently I dont have the saturation in the 2nd program quite right, they were very "green", I touched them up somewhat in photoshop.  It is interesting however, as to the difference in sharpness.  I did not touch focus whatsoever between the 3rd image and the 4th and 5th.

I'm glad the weather finally broke to the point that I was able to photograph.  Everything appears to be working pretty well, the dew heater did its job, as the car windows were covered in dew, and so was the unheated parts of the telescope.  It didnt take long for the dew to settle, but the lens was nice and dry the entire time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment