clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Moon Mosaic, 6/5/11

I took 2 sets of images this evening, and I'm not sure what happened with the first image.  Maybe its just because its a bit darker, but I'm not sure.  The first image is sharper, but if you zoom in, there are diagonal lines across the image.  Click the image and click it again to see what I'm talking about.


Here are the camera params that the above image was taken:

[Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000]
Resolution=640x480
Frame Rate (fps)=10.00
Colour Space / Compression=I420
Pan=0
Tilt=0
Zoom=50
Exposure=2
Brightness=10000
Contrast=10000
Saturation=0
Gamma=242
ColorEnable=1
WhiteBalance=3
BacklightCompensation=1




The second set was taken with only the IR blocking filter.  This image is much brighter, but it does not have those pesky lines.
Although not as sharp - possibly focus, but the seeing definately deteriorated.  I also missed a small chunk on the center edge of the disk.  I will try to reconstruct, as I think the missing chunk was due to stacling, as the image moved a small amount.
Here are the params on this image:


[Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000]
Resolution=640x480
Frame Rate (fps)=15.00
Colour Space / Compression=I420
Pan=0
Tilt=0
Zoom=50
Exposure=1
Brightness=10000
Contrast=10000
Saturation=0
Gamma=1
ColorEnable=0
WhiteBalance=1
BacklightCompensation=0

Not sure what could have caused the flaws in the first image.  If you have any idea, leave a comment.

After posting, i see the digital zoom was turned on.  Possibly when I photo'ed Saturn the other day.  Normally I dont miss those things when taking pictures.  Perhaps thats why, although both images had it turnede up a little.

0 comments:

Post a Comment