clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Friday, July 22, 2011

Jupiter 7/22/11 Morning

I couldnt sleep last night, possibly because I went to bed at 8:30pm.  Woke up around 2:30, and I have to work today so I'll probably be dragging.

Anyway, I took the opportunity to photograph Jupiter.  The weather was clear, but the temperature was 80F at 5AM.  I got my best image at the end of the session because the telescope sits in an air conditioned room, and when I took it out, a thick layer of dew formed on the optics.  I installed my dew heater and dried the objective off.  It took at least an hour for the dew to stop forming!

I'll post a few images, one is actually quite decent, the others are in various amounts of focus.  It's very difficult to focus with dew on the objective!

This is the last image I took.

Here are a few more.




These images are in ascending order in which they were taken.  As you can see, the GRS is setting in the first image.  The dew severely blurred the first 2 images. Tthe last image isnt too bad as the objective had finally dried totally.  Transparency was about average, but the seeing was a little below average.

I was imaging from about 3AM - 4:30AM  (0700 - 0830Z)

0 comments:

Post a Comment