clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Monday, July 11, 2011

More Lunar Images - 7/10


These next images are images I also took last night but didnt get stacked until today.  The first is of Crater Plato, the second is Tycho, 2 areas that are well photographed, but I thought I would give it a shot again.  The Plato image isnt what I would have liked, it seems the last time I photographed it, I got a few tiny craters captured inside the big one, this image shows a bare, craterless floor.  The craterlets on Plato's floor are quite tiny, but I thought I would have been able to capture at least a few, but apparently not last night

Crater Plato


Some words on the conditions from last night's imaging session.  The seeing was exceptional most of the time.   Towards the end of the session, some small clouds moved in, and the seeing changed during the time it became partly cloudy.  The moon was "dancing" a bit in the scope for the last few images during times when the moon was fully unobstructed by the clouds.  Up until that point, the seeing was perfectly steady.

Crater Tycho

0 comments:

Post a Comment