clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Monday, July 18, 2011

Oval BA 7/16 image

I was restacking a few images taken recently of Jupiter.  I was looking at other's images of Jupiter lately, and was trying to figure out where the Oval BA was located on the disk.  I noticed that the GRS was not visible in images where the BA was shown.  Therefore, I pulled my best image from 7/16, taken at at 0908Z (EDT + 4 Hours), reprocessed it, (a bit over processed) to bring out the Oval BA.  I think I captured in this image.

See if you can see it, its centered on the disk located in the STeB / STeZ.  It is pale yellow in this image.  I'm pretty sure thats it.

Being I easily captured the GRS, I thought I'd see if I could resolve the BA, so went looking for it.

Notice also the bright white spots in the NTrZ.  Its odd however that the detail was lost above the North Tropical Zone, no bands are defined north of  the zone.  I have seen numerous white spots in this tropical zone in other images.

0 comments:

Post a Comment