clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Partial Mosaic

Worked on a mosaic tonight, but I ran out of time.  The moon sunk into a tree, so that ended the photography session for this evening.   I only got 2 complete rows before I had to stop.  I started with the north and worked down.  I found an interesting feature while looking over the mosaic, so I brightened that tile and am posting it as well as the mosaic.  It is the region near WC Bond on the northern limb.  Seems there is a valley or rima or something like that.  My maps dont name it, so I'll have to look it up online.

Here is the partial mosaic, which I think the quality is quite good:



Here is the section I was talking about.  Fascinating terrain.....



I labelled W.C. Bond and if you look to the right of the crater, there appears to be a valley of some sort.  Its not real long, I dont know if its a valley or if its a crater wall.  Looks like some kinda valley to me.  Maybe its a crater, from an object that struck at a very shallow angle.

Seeing wasnt too good when these were taken.  The moon this time of year starts out rather low in the sky, and I didnt have time to do a whole lot before it sunk too low to work with.  I also spent a bunch of time trying to get the polar alignment perfect, so I could track better.  Transparency wasnt good, and I was unable to see Polaris well enough to align, so it was cut and try, trying to keep the image from moving up or down as I made adjustments to the mount.

Considering the conditions, I feel that what I did get was of pretty good quality.


0 comments:

Post a Comment