clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Friday, July 8, 2011

Reprocessed 6/29 Saturn

I actually went to the Registax website last night and read the instructions and followed the wavelet tutorial on the website and reprocessed 2 Saturn images I had posted last week.  I was able to bring out some pretty incredible detail with the new wavelet settings.  I'm just going to post the images and you can judge for yourself if you like them better.  I'm going to post the best color and the best monochrome images.

This is the best color image with concentration on planetary disk.
This is the best monochrome image, reprocessed.

I was working on getting the most out of the planet's disk.  The Cassini Division was visible but not very sharply defined in the images I had taken.  The stacksize was a bit smaller than I would have liked, but I believe what you see is actually the planet, not noise or artifacts generated by the program.  What I was able to bring out does not appear random, so I believe that what you see is what was actually picked up by the camera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment