clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Monday, August 8, 2011

Jupiter 8/8

Couldnt sleep again, and photographed Jupiter.  I'm beginning to think I have something wrong...with ME, being I'm not sleeping well.  Nothing fantastic, but here are the images...


This image was photographed using the green filter and adjusted the hue to appear more reddish.  The green filter seemed to bring out the moons a bit better, as well as detail on the white areas on the disk.






brightened slightly to show 3 of 4 moons.
These were all taken between 0635 - 0700Z.  Seeing was poor.  These were photographed right after a thunderstorm which occurred about an hour before.  The temperature had cooled about 20 degrees, and there was some surface fog, caused by the rain evaporating off of the warmer ground.

Also, I have 2 Quickcam 4000's Trouble is, I dont know which is which.  One has the Sharp CCD, the other the Sony chipset.  I am also trying to determine which camera takes better images.  When I have more time, I'm going to try both cameras and label the images as to which cam I used.  I have been getting some kind of issue with the brightness gradient on the disk, as seen by dark circles on the disk.  I'm trying to determine if this issue is camera specific.


0 comments:

Post a Comment