clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Evening Moon

I miss my old friend.  The Evening Moon is too low in the sky in the summer to take good photographs, but tonight it was high enough to do a little something with it.  I also took some closeups of a few different areas which I will post in another posting as soon as I get them processed.  In the meantime, I just finished a low resolution mosaic of slightly under the first quarter.  It had a purplish hue while I was photographing, which I thought was rather pleasing, so I did not color balance it out.  I just think this is a pretty nice moon.

I havent done one of these in a long time, I was afraid I forgot how.  The moon was still a bit low, and didnt have enough time to do a high resolution mosaic.  I used 5 frames each 640X480, each consisting of 200 stacked AVI frames.


0 comments:

Post a Comment