clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Saturday, October 15, 2011

A couple more Jupiter Pics - 10/14/11

Lubricated the dobsonian bearings with silicone lube last night and took the scope out and shot thru the clouds.  Had a few breaks in the cloud cover to get a couple of AVI's.  I am also experimenting more with different color and gamma settings, once I learned how to actually use those features in registax.

I actually only was able to take about 3-4 useable AVI's, but I'll post a few images with slightly different processing that seems to bring out a little more detail.  This AVI consists of about 200 useable frames.  Shutter speed 1/100 second with the image drifting across the field multiple times.  I used the 2X barlow with the QC4000.  Scope was the 6" Meade Starfinder dob I acquired for $22 at a state auction.  The black frames and blurred frames were edited out using VirtualDub.









These 2 are from the same avi.  Notice the pinkish spots right of center in the northern edge of the EZ.  It seems I saw those previously as well.


















This image is from a shorter, different AVI, consisting of about 75 stacked frames.




0 comments:

Post a Comment