clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Wake Behind GRS

I took these photos last night (12/11 - morning of 12/12).  My optics were out of alignment, so I wasnt sure I was actually seeing what I was seeing in these images.  I've never seen anything like this before on Jupiter's disk, but behind the GRS is a very turbulent wake of massive swirls in the SEB...




Although the images overall arent of great quality, you can plainly see the wake following the great red spot.  Very interesting, and deserves watching.  I confirmed this by checking Christopher Go's latest images showing the same turbulence in extreme detail.

0 comments:

Post a Comment