clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Leo Trio

Last night, I went out and did a few hours of imaging.  The first image I took was of M81 & M82 again.  I had the scope well aligned and the stars didnt streak, until I went over to Leo for the trio of galaxies.  I had to shorten the frames to 1 minute.  Even so, the image came out pretty good actually.  This image has only 20 minutes of exposure.

West is up in this image. M65 & M66 are on the right, NGC3628 (The Hamburger Galaxy) is on the left.

The 2nd attempt getting M81 & 82 is here.  This image has over an hour of exposure time, 23 frames each 3 minutes at iso 800.


I believe this one came out better than my last attempt.  It should, being we had a moonless night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment