clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Messier 3

Thought I'd try a different sort of object tonight.  It was probably just as well, as clouds began to move in while I was imaging a 2nd object.  I learned that you do not need near as much exposure time to photograph a globular cluster.  I can see little difference between 1 and 6 frames.  I did stack 6 frames and I'll place this image here.  Globular clusters look like they would be a very easy beginner's target, as this one came out real nice, and was not at all difficult to photograph.



This is the 6 frame stack. The frames were 120 seconds, and the final image enhanced some in photoshop and cropped to enlarge the cluster somewhat.

Here is a single frame....


The single frame shows the core better, whereas the stacked image shows the outer stars better.  Perhaps this would be a good image to do multiple layers?

0 comments:

Post a Comment