clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Saturn, 4/8

After imaging M106 last night, I noticed Saturn rising above the trees to the south.  I believe this planet is approaching opposition, as the rings appear bright.  I havent checked to see when opposition occurs (or occured), as it does hit the horizon right around sundown.

I took 2 videos using the QC Pro 4000 webcam.  The first is a low res 240X320, 30 fps.


This is the original size image.  Because Saturn is so much dimmer than the other planets, I could not stack both barlows right away, although in the next image, I did stack them both, but dropped the frame rate down to 5 fps to get a longer individual exposure time per frame, and I believe it is my best Saturn so far.


This is a cropped 640X480 frame.  if you look closely, I believe the C-ring is visible, and I'm not entirely certain, but I also think I can see the Encle division on the left side.  it is a thin dark line barely visible on the outer edge of the outermost ring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment