clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Sun

I had ordered some Baader solar film and I received it yesterday, and made a solar filter for the 6" last night.    It's been raining and cloudy, but I was able to take a snapshot using the Canon Rebel T3 during a break in the clouds.  I was in a bit of a hurry, so the focus might not be real good.


This actually came out better than the projection I did last week.  I think with a little practice and better sky conditions, I should be able to resolve more detail.

The large sunspot (AR1476) is sending out flares in our direction.  Keep an eye out for aurora the next few days.
This sunspot is so large that it is visible at sunrise with the naked eye.

I am not sure of the orientation, but I think south is up.


0 comments:

Post a Comment