clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

This morning's Jupiter

Seeing was EXCELLENT this morning.  Got some fine detail, and I had time to experiment with the camera settings.

My best image of the evening, in my opinion:
This one was resized in Registax 150%.  I was using the 6: f/5 C6NGT and a Logitech Quickcam 4000.  Consists of 1200 frames at 10 fps stacked in Registax 6.

This next frame was taken at 320X240 using the same equipment, except the frame rate was set to 30 fps.  This one has about 3000 frames.

One more 10 fps 640X480


One thing I was experimenting with was the brightness of the images in the camera.  Being most webcams are 8 bit, I found that if the brightness is set so the histogram is set to 250 - 255 (as bright as you can get without over exposing), the better the image will be.  The last image, the histogram only was around 200, and you can see the eggshell effect.

The black spot is the shadow of the moon Io, which is the closest moon on the left.  The other moon is Europa.  I actually just missed a double shadow transit that began about 10 minutes after I finished imaging.  It was starting to get light out, and the seeing started to deteriorate, so I packed it in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment