clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Images From 3/29/13

Had a nice clear night, so I thought I would try some deep sky imaging with the 8 inch.  Although I dont see much difference on deep sky objects, the planetary resolution still amazes me.  I had some problems with the go-to working properly.  I think I finally fixed it.  I first attempted Jupiter, but the quality wasnt what I expected, so I'll post my next image, that of the Leo Trio.  The moon was rising when I took ththese, so for the Leo Trio, I limited it to 9 frames.



I then went on to M3, being I've had good luck imaging globular clusters during a full moon.  This came out quite well, I think.



It does appear the scope is resolving more stars, which I would expect with the larger aperture.

Lastly, I inserted the Lifecam and the 2X and 3X barlows and imaged Saturn, which I believe is my personal best.  I'll post 2 images from 2 different AVI's.  Both contain about 2000 frames.  The second one was processed to show the Crepe Ring a little better.



Actually, I'm not sure which is the better image.  The second image is a little crisper, but might be a little over processed, however the inner crepe ring is more visible.  It also appears that I captured an additional belt on the planets disk with the second image.  Saturn is rather low in the sky for me, it never gets more than 25 degrees above the southern horizon.  Considering that, I feel these images arent too bad.  I can just imagine how crisp they would be if it was 40 - 50 degrees like Jupiter was.

0 comments:

Post a Comment