clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Saturn Near Opposition

Most of the night of 4/26 was wasted, as the camera inadvertently shut off or lost power after inaging for about 3 hours worth of deep sky objects, but I was able to capture Saturn a day before opposition.  The rings were bright enough to see the C ring, which I later enhanced to make it more visible.  Seeing was rather poor, the planet was bouncing and dancing on the preview screen.  I am surprised how well the pictures came out under such conditions.

Saturn - original stack

This was what I got directly from Registax.  You can see the C ring in this image.  The next day, I loaded the image in Photoshop, flipped the image so north is on the top, and I also enhanced the dark areas, to enhance the C ring.

Satern enhanced
Enhancing the C ring also seemed to sharpen it up somewhat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment